Mount Annapurna Expedition 2022
Everest by Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary.
The summit presents a beautiful view of the massif, leaving you extremely contented.
Late Spring and autumn are the best seasons to plan this expedition.
Day 01: Arrival and Transfer
Day 02: Preparation and Briefing
Day 03: Kathmandu-Pokhara Drive or Fly
Day 04: Pokhara-Nayapool-Tikhedhunga Trek
Day 05: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani Trek
Day 06: Ghorepani-Poonhill-Tatopani Trek
Day 07: Tatopani to Ghasa Trek
Day 08: Ghasa to Lete Trek
Day 09: Lete to Thulobugin Trek
Day 10: Thulobugin to Hum Khola Trek
Day 11: Hum Khola to Miristi Khola Trek
Day 12: Miristi Khola to Annapurna North Base Camp Trek
Day 13-45: Annapurna Summit Climbing Period
Day 46: Trek down from base camp to Miristi Khola
Day 47: Miristi Khola to Thulobugin trek
Day 48: Thulobugin to Lete Trek
Day 49: Lete to Tatopani Trek
Day 50: Drive to Pokhara
Day 51: Drive or Fly Back to Kathmandu
Day 52: Free day
Day 53: Transfer for Final Departure
- Arrival and departure transfers by private car
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast (4*deluxe)
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- One day guided city tour in Kathmandu valley
- All meals (Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast) during the trek
- Accommodation (Lodge/Guest House) while on a trek
- Transportation to Pokhara and return by Deluxe tourist coach (Flight is an option with extra cost)
- Trekking Permits and TIMS permits for the trek
- Trekking guide during the trek and climbing Sherpa while climbing
- Required porters to carry luggage and other essential supplies
- Special climbing permits and its procedure
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs during the trip
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication with company staff and available for members with the cost of US$ 5 per minute call.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Gamow Bags.
- Nepal arrival visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Monument entrance fees while on Kathmandu tour only
- All snacks, energy drinks, mineral water, cigarettes, packed food
- Personal nature items, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal climbing gears
Annapurna I, the 10th highest peak in the world and the highest (8,091m) among the 30 peaks in the 55 kilometers long Annapurna massif, is a very special peak. The peak is special because it is the first 8000m peak that was successfully climbed by a team led by Maurice Herzog on June 3, 1950, which is even before the official ascent of Mt. Everest by Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary. Also, the Annapurnas are considered the world’s most dangerous mountains to climb as they are very much prone to avalanches and all the available routes pose severe difficulties as the climbers have to pass through big ice cliffs and seracs. The western and northwestern slopes are bound by glaciers that draw off into a great gorge cut through the Himalaya mountains by the Kali Gandaki River separating Dhaulagiri and Annapurna.
The Expedition: The Annapurna Expedition in total is a 53 day expedition. About 32 days are required to climb up and down the summit from the Annapurna North base camp. Other days are spent walking the beautiful trail of the Annapurna region. Starting Nayapool, following the circuit trail, we trek all the way up to Lete; enjoying the views from Ghorepani and Poon hill en route. From Lete, leaving the circuit trail we head west towards the Annapurna North base camp past Thulobugin, Hum Khola and Miristi Khola. Two high camps will be set above the base camp. The summit presents the beautiful view of the massif, leaving you extremely contented. The same route will be used to return until Tatopani, from where we will drive to Pokhara and fly back to Kathmandu.
In Kathmandu and Pokhara you will be accommodated in a tourist standard hotel with the provision of bed and breakfast. During the trek full board meal and accommodation is arranged in the lodges, where we stop for overnight. During the climb, the accommodation and meal are arranged in the tented camp. You will be guided by experienced and certified climbing and trekking guides and other crew members during the entire expedition.
Apart from the expedition, you will get to enjoy the beautiful views of the mountain range from the very famous view point- the Poon Hill, few parts of Annapurna Conservation Area, Ghorepani and other Gurung villages: their culture, lifestyle, tradition and hospitality, floras and faunas and the beautiful Lake City- Pokhara. Late Spring and autumn are the best seasons to plan this expedition.
Moreover, if you’ve already tried this expedition or looking for another expedition, Amigo Treks and Expedition offers great service, package and rates for Ama Dablam, Dhaulagiri, or even Kanchenjunga expedition