Mount Kanchenjunga Expedition 2022
Kanchenjunga (8,586m), located in the eastern part of Nepal, is the second-highest peak in Nepal and the third highest in the World. Three of the main peaks;
Late spring and autumn are the best time to plan this expedition. Everest Expedition.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel(1350m)
Day 02-03: Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing
Day 04: Fly from Kathamndu to Biritnagar( Suketar) (2300m)
Day 05: Trek from Suketar to Phurumbu (921m )
Day 06: Trek from Phurumbu to Chirwa(1270m)
Day 07: Trek from Chirwa to Sekarthum(1660m)
Day 08: Trek from Sekarthum to Amji-Lhasa(2510m)
Day 09: Trek from Amje Lhasa to Gyabla(3450m)
Day 10: Trek from Gyabla to Ghunsa(3595m)
Day 11: Trek from Ghunsa to KhamBachen(4095m)
Day 12: Rest day in Khambachen for acclimatization
Day 13: Trek from Khambachen to Lonak(4785m)
Day 14: Trek from Lonak to Pangpema(5100m)
Day 15: Pangpema (5100m)Base camp Established and necessary Preparation
Day 16-45: Climbing Period.(summit period for Kanchenjunga 8586m)
Day 46: Preparation to returning (Cleaning up Base Camp)
Day 47: Trek from Kanchenjunga Base Camp to Lonak(4785m)
Day 48: Trek from Lonak to Khambachen(4095m)
Day 49: Trek from Khambachen to Ghunsa,(3595m)
Day 50: Trek from Ghunsa to Sekarthum(1660m)
Day 52: Trek from Sekarthem to Chirwa(1270m)
Day 53: Trek from Chirwa to suketar(2310m)
Day 54: Fly from Biratnagar to Kathmandu (1350m)
Day 55: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 56: Final Departure
- Arrival and departure transfers by private car
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast (4*deluxe)
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- One day guided city tour in Kathmandu valley
- Kathmandu to Biratnagar and return air tickets
- All meals (Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast) during the trek
- Accommodation (Lodge/Guest House) while on a trek
- Trekking Permits and TIMS permits for the trek
- Trekking guide during the trek and climbing Sherpa while climbing
- Required porters and yak to carry luggages and other essentials supplies
- Special climbing permits and its procedure
- Gamow bag and Oxygen
- Garbage deposit fees
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs during the trip
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication with company staff and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Nepal arrival visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Monument entrance fees while on Kathmandu tour only
- All snacks, energy drinks, mineral water, cigarettes, packed food
- Personal nature items, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal climbing gears
Kanchenjunga (8,586m), located in the eastern part of Nepal, is the second highest peak in Nepal and the third highest in the World. The name ‘Kanchenjunga’ is derived from Tibetan word ‘Kanchen’ and ‘Dzonga’ meaning ‘The Five Treasure of the Great Snows’. Three of the main peaks; Kanchenjunga Main (8,586m), Kanchenjunga Central (8,482m) and Kanchenjunga South (8,494m) lie on the border between Nepal and North
Sikkim in India and the remaining two peaks Kanchenjunga West or Yalung Kang (8,505m) and Kangbachen (7,903) lie in the Taplejung District of Nepal. Moreover, these peaks lie inside the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area, which is also a home to the Red Panda and other rare plants, animals and birds. The most remote of all 8000m peaks in Nepal, Kanchenjunga, was first climbed on May 25, 1955 by Joe Brown and George Band of British expedition team.
The Expedition: Typically 54 days are required to complete the Kanchenjunga Expedition, in which 32 days are set aside to climb the peak. Kanchenjunga Expedition starts with a flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar (Suketar). There are two base camps options to climb Kanchenjunga: Kanchenjunga North Base Camp on Kanchenjunga Glacier and South Base Camp on Yalung Glacier – both accessible from Suketar. From Suketar, we walk all the way up to the north base camp (not easiest but the safest route); enjoying the remoteness of the area that has successfully retained its pristine beauty, mystery and charm; the settlement of the people and the very rare endemic flora with 30 varieties of rhododendrons and 69 varieties of orchids.
It takes about 11 days to reach the base camp. The climb begins through the narrow ice ridge and technical and intricate mixed rock and ice climb to the North Col- about 500m from the base camp. 900m bee-line is also fixed to and from the North Col. From the North Col the climb is along the ridge and north face. Three camps will be set up before ascending the summit. The hike is entirely on snow, glacier, icefall and rock towards the summit. Starting base camp, the views are stunning till the summit. After completing the climb, we trek all the way back to Suketar (Biratnagar) to take a flight to Kathmandu.
Planning Kanchenjunga expedition with Visit Nepal 2020 allows you to enjoy full service: necessary permits, climbing documents, travelling logistics (airfare, ground shuttle, and porters), English speaking Sherpas and guides, and other requirements of mountaineers. The company also organizes professional logistic for the provision of all required accommodation and food up till the base camp. This package ensures bed and breakfast in Kathmandu and three freshly cooked meals and hot/cold drinks during the trek and the climb. Moreover, we provide expedition quality personal tents both with full board or base-camp service only, comprehensive First Aid kit, satellite phone an solar panel to charge your phone.
Late spring and autumn are the best time to plan this expedition. Physical fitness and climbing training is required to successfully achieve the summit. Visit Nepal 2020 ensures personalized and professional service, flat rate and special group discount not only for this expedition but also for other best expeditions like Pumori Expedition, Ama Dablam Expedition and even Mt. Everest Expedition.